Main Entrées, Nutrition, and Longevity | What's Up?
Food is a general term, in reality it is “Chemical Information” for the body and each molecule of food has the potential to be a building block and directly interact with DNA"
... it is the
User's responsibility to provide the correct information - 70 Going On 100?
Building Blocks - both animal and plant proteins are made up of about 20 common amino acids. Amino acids are found in animal sources such as meats, milk, fish, and eggs. They are also found in plant sources such as soy, beans, legumes, nut butters, and some grains (such as wheat germ and quinoa). Thus far, more than 300 (three hundred kinds) of amino acids have been discovered in nature. However, only 20 (twenty) of them are usually found as compounds of human peptides and proteins. (RDA,1,2,3,4)
As it now turns out Saturated Fatty Acids (SFAs) are good, in fact essential. They help reduce insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes, (5). Present findings support adverse metabolic effects of refined carbohydrates and sugars and could also implicate other diseases, when there is a lack of SFAs. (6) The war on SFAs and Cholesterol is over and the evidence is being reviewed and conclusions reversed. (7,8,8a,9,9a) Cholesterol is a health-promoting substance. Ref: ... Cholesterol - Your Life Depends on It.
Leberknödelsuppe - Liver Dumpling soup:
Recipe development night,
Leberknödelsuppe (liver dumpling soup) made with cauliflower rice instead of breadcrumbs.
Very tasty. What else would you be doing during a storm when you aren't sure if the electricity will cut out or not?
|Keto data||Salad, 284g/10oz||3.0g protein||6.6g net carbs||5.6g fiber||0.7g fats||Vitamins - loaded, ex: Vit K 200% DRI|
|w/1oz - butter, 80% BF
w/1oz - Coconut Oil / Ghee
- Further resources for analysis of other vegetable can be found at www.whfoods.com and www.nutritionaldata.self.com.
- www.Cronometer.com - Track Your Way to Better Health With This Tool. (14,14a)
- A New Study Tool for Circadian Rhythm: myCircadianClock.org app that helps you understand your body's rhythms while contributing to research. (15)
- Additional tools: For an easy reference USDA Food Composition Databases. (16) Phenol-Explorer database Identification of the 100 richest dietary sources of polyphenols. (17,18)
Track Your Way to Better Health With These Tools:
- Cooked vegetables tend to have a higher soluble fiber content, since cooking processes force cells within the vegetable to hold on to more water, expanding cell size. A 3.5-ounce portion of cooked green beans has a total of 4.3 grams of fiber - about one-third of the fiber content, or 1.4 grams, is soluble fiber. Broccoli is especially rich in soluble fiber. For the same serving size of steamed broccoli, you'll get a combined 4.6 grams of fiber - nearly 40 percent, or 1.8 grams, comes from soluble fiber. Carrots are also about 40 percent soluble fiber. A 3.5-ounce side of cooked carrots has 1.5 grams of soluble fiber and 3.8 grams of total fiber. Ref: ... Raw vs. Cooked Vegetables | contributor May/2016. Dr. Axe has a list of 20 Ultimate High-Fiber Foods which are easy to incorporate into any diet.
- Phytonutrients or Phytochemicals. "Phyto" refers to the Greek word for plant. These chemicals help protect plants from germs, fungi, bugs, and other threats. Fruits and vegetables contain phytonutrients. Other plant-based foods also contain phytonutrients, such as: Whole grains. (2,2a,3)
- Denaturing a protein is the
Unravellingof the long chain protein structure, which then causes the protein-enzyme to be inert. The Good part is that this unraveling allow proteins to be more readily available, i.e. The Soft Diet - How Cooking Made Us Human - Dr. Richard Wrangham | february/13. The Bad part is that Enzymes can be rendered inert. This is the reason that it is recommended very light steaming and eating 50% of your vegetables
- Denatured Protein is not a disadvantage, cooking is shown to increase digestibility by 51%. Dr. Wrangham's research, for example, showed cooked scrambled eggs, egg protein digestibility went from 50% to 91%. Cooking benefits the digestibility of animal proteins. The science behind this is similar to the actions of acids in the stomach. Denatured proteins are more accessible as substrates for proteolysis than are native proteins. The primary proteolytic enzyme of the stomach is pepsin, a nonspecific protease that, remarkably, is maximally active at pH 2. (30)
- Phytochemistry is in the strict sense of the word the study of phytochemicals. Wikipedia: Phytochemistry, Pharmacognosy: Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry